What does the term Organic Food and Organic Farming?
Organic food refers to produce that has been grown without the use of artificial fertilizers, pesticides and other chemicals or genetically modified organisms.
Organic farming is the form of agriculture that relies on techniques such as crop rotation, green manure, compost and biological pest control. This is a method of farming that works at grass root level preserving the reproductive and regenerative capacity of the soil, good plant nutrition, and sound soil management, produces nutritious food rich in vitality which has resistance to diseases. Organic farming practices promote biodiversity, enhance ecological balance and keep our earth in good health.
What are the benefits of Organic Food?
- The amounts of chemicals entering your body will be reduced and this should naturally make you feel better.
- Certified organic is the only guarantee that the foods you consume have not been genetically modified.
- EAT HEALTHY, BE HEALTHY – possible reduction of future health costs.
- Future generations will thank you for supporting an industry that does not pollute our environment.
How shall I trust it is really organic?
Look for certification logo on the product. for example APEDA, and NPOP's India Organic logo.
The Government of India has implemented the National Programme for Organic Production (NPOP). The national programme involves the accreditation programme for certification bodies, norms for organic production, promotion of organic farming etc. In India, there are a handful of certifying agencies accredited by NPOP. Farmers and producers must register with one of these agencies, who will in turn verify whether NPOP standards have been met.
Nimbark Organic sources Organic products from farmers which are certified as per NPOP standards.
Why does Organic Food cost more?
Certified organic products are generally more expensive than their conventional counterparts (for which prices have been declining) for a number of reasons:
- Organic food supply is limited as compared to demand.
- Production costs for organic foods are typically higher because of greater labour inputs per unit of output and because greater diversity of enterprises means economies of scale cannot be achieved.
- Post-harvest handling of relatively small quantities of organic foods results in higher costs because of the mandatory segregation of organic and conventional produce, especially for processing and transportation.
- Marketing and the distribution chain for organic products is relatively inefficient and costs are higher because of relatively small volumes. As demand for organic food and products is increasing, technological innovations and economies of scale should reduce costs of production, processing, distribution and marketing for organic produce. Prices of organic foods include not only the cost of the food production itself, but also a range of other factors that are not captured in the price of conventional food.
- Environmental enhancement and protection (and avoidance of future expenses to mitigate pollution). For example, higher prices of organic cash crops compensate for low financial returns of rotational periods which are necessary to build soil fertility.
- Higher standards for animal welfare.
- Avoidance of health risks to farmers due to inappropriate handling of pesticides (and avoidance of future medical expenses).
- Rural development by generating additional farm employment and assuring a fair and sufficient income to producers.
Does Organic food taste better?
Taste is definitely an individual matter, but chefs across the nation are choosing organic food to prepare because they believe it has superior taste and quality.
An increasing number of consumers are also of the opinion that organic food tastes better. Because organic food is grown in well-balanced soil, it makes sense that these healthy plants have a great taste. Try organic food for yourself and see what you think!
Does Organic Food contain higher levels of Nutrients?
- Yes, studies have shown that organic produce often contains considerably higher levels of nutrients. For example, a study at Rutgers University (USA) found organic tomatoes contained 1,584 times more iron than non-organic tomatoes.
- It is the higher levels of minerals and vitamins that give organic food its richer and better taste, just the way nature intended.
Does Organic Food look any different?
- Yes…and no! Good quality organic produce will often look as good as the best available conventional produce. However, we must remember why we have chosen to consume organic product – because of its lack of chemicals and greater nutrition, not because of how it looks.
- We stand by the produce we supply – if the produce has deteriorated too much to consume we will replace or refund the item.
Will I always receive what I order?
- Sometimes you may not receive all of the produce ordered. This is because of the great difficulty obtaining certified produce at times. Weather conditions may wipe out an entire crop overnight, or rain may prevent the farmer getting the produce to market on time…not to mention seasonal shortages.
- We will NEVER substitute conventional produce for unavailable certified produce. As a result if we are unable to replenish our stocks then we will either ration the produce (where possible) or you may miss out on the item. We apologize for any inconvenience that this policy may cause but we believe it is essential for us to only supply genuine organic produce.
Is online Payment safe with Nimbark Organic?
Online Payment is completely safe with Nimbark Organic. When you click on the Pay by Credit Card / Debit Card / Netbanking link, you are redirected to a Payment Gateway named as CC Avenue which does not store/save any of your information. All your details are processed through them and the only thing we receive is a transaction ID against your Order, as confirmation that payment has been received. All your details get processed and verified by the Payment Gateway and your Credit Card Company / Bank.
Do you deliver internationally?
Yes, we do deliver to certain countries. Please get in touch with us at email@example.com or you can call us on +91-9906121377